Gardeners and other lovers of fresh produce are often interested in extending the season's bounty by preserving fruits and vegetables and meats at home. Ohio State University Extension Family and Consumer Sciences teach the basics of home canning and preservation through demonstrations and workshops. These classes emphasize the science behind preservation so that everyone who cans or freezes fresh fruits and vegetables understands why certain procedures must be followed precisely to ensure a high-quality, safe product that they and their family can enjoy.
Join OSU Extension educators in Coshocton County for one or more of these free workshops.
- May 13 - Canning Basics, 6:00- 7:30pm, County Services Building, Room 145
- June 10 - Jams and Jellies, 6:00- 8:00pm, Coshocton Public Library
- July 15 - Quick Pickles, 6:00- 8:00pm, Walhonding Valley Fire Dept.
- August 12 - Fermentation- Sauerkraut & More, 6:00- 8:00pm, Coshocton Christian Tabernacle
- September 16 - Canning Meat, 6:00- 7:30pm, County Services Building, Room 145
Pressure canner gauges should be tested for accuracy each year. Canners can be tested for $5 on May 13 or June 10 prior to class from 5:00 - 6:00 pm. To ensure adequate materials are available, please RSVP for all classes by calling Coshocton County Extension at 740-622-2265. Get more information